Subject: [Brmlab] DIY laboratories_participant observation
From: Nina Maria Szukała <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2025 22:00:55 +0100
List-Id: "Brmlab: Hackerspace Prague (main discussion)" <brmlab.brmlab.cz>

Dear team of brmlab,

I am Nina Maria Szukała. I am a PhD candidate in anthropology, and I am
from Poland. My research is about European biohacking. I am contacting you
because I found your brmlab space.

I'm actually at the beginning of my journey, I'm in my first year. My study
focuses on verifying how people working in diy laboratories understand and
define relationships with biological matter of various kinds. In this
context, I am interested in the ways of thinking that contribute to the
bottom-up control of biological matter and how this thinking is influenced
by socio-cultural conditions such as intrinsic law and naturocultural
conditions such as environmental factors.

I am reaching out because I am very interested  in the current state of
your DIY laboratory activities (biohacking ones which are related to
biological material) within brmlab. I wanted to ask if there are any
initiatives currently taking place actively in this space or do you have
any plans to organize any?

Therefore, I want to ask if it is possible to do a few days of observation
in this space, ethnographic research like participant observation. Are you
open to such activities? I would be happy to send you my CV, a deeper
description of the project or whatever you need. If it is possible, thank
you for getting in touch.

All best,

🌸

*Nina Maria Szukała*
_______________________________________________
Brmlab mailing list -- [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email-masked]